Tuesday 22 March 2011

I made things!

I’ve been rather busy with work and other ‘real world’ nonsense recently, but have finally managed to find the time to do a little post.
I’ve been bashing on with my ill guided 1/2400th scale naval project recently, and as well as painting up a bunch of models from Tumbling Dice (I’ll post up some picts at some point) I realised that I there were a fair few ships that I couldn’t actually buy models for. I thought to myself, ‘1/2400th? That’s really diddilly. I recon I could do that.’ So I did.

First up, and for the Americans, the Ironclad Frigate USS New Ironsides
Photobucket

Fallowing her in-line, the Armoured Ram-Cruiser ‘USS/CSS Stonewall’
Photobucket

A little more random, a generic box-battery ship. Brazil had a few like this. I really don’t like the model though, and can’t see me using it much.
Photobucket

And now, proving that I am a little too obsessed with the Peruvian Navy, The Monitor BAP Manco Capac
Photobucket

BAP  Atahuallpa
Photobucket

And the delightful Peruvian built monitor/gunboat, BAP Victoria
Photobucket

And a group shot
Photobucket

What do you all think? I was generally chuffed with them to be honest. I’ll put up painted pictures of these and others soon.

2 comments:

  1. Those are very nice. Can't wait to see them painted.

    Perhaps in the next photo-shoot you could put a measuring device in the pic as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive got them painted now. I'll post some pictures up tonight.

    Hmm. Adding a ruler. Thats a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete