Wednesday 11 April 2012

28mm Colonial Wargame

Just a few pictures from a game that I had over the weekend against a friend of mine who was back in the area. He played as the British, and I was the Sudanese. I got slaughtered in true colonial fashion, but managed to take a few down with me.
 The Miniatures were all his - most are Perry's but, some are from elsewhere.  The rules were The Sword and The Flame.
Great fun was had all round - I even got Spaghetti and Wine! Thanks Pete!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

MM.

2 comments:

  1. That's a nice looking game, with lots of action. Looks like the poor gunners got overrun in the last two pictures.
    Are the Perry Mahdi figures seen here the plastic ones? I've been considering a purchase of them.
    Cheers,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good game with plenty of action - most of it being my natives being gunned down. The Rifle Volunteers and the gun got overrun but I had no way to stop the Egyptian and British infantry advancing down my flanks.

      The figures were metal, I haven't seen the plastic perry Mahdis myself so I cant comment on them directly, but I have bought other Perry Plastics and they have been superb.

      MM.

      Delete