Thursday 17 January 2013

Unit 14 - Painted

Hey Internet,

This is just a very quick post before I go to bed, showing the fully painted version of my most recent Fallout character Unit 14.

use2_zps77c577a3

The Lighting is awful, and the base still needs to be finished, but Ive posted it up anyway. Why you may (but probably wont) ask did I not wait till tomorrow to take the photos and do this post, you know, with its good lighting and all?

use3_zps6474a76f

Well, simply, I never, ever have the enthusiasm to quickly see a project though to the end in a short space of time. Seriously, If I know that there is a game coming up, it best be at least a month or two in advance for me to have any slither of a change of getting stuff ready for it. But, oh no, not this time. About a week ago I swapped some figures for this one with a nice chap in Norway, and the day after it got to my door, here it is, all painted up and nice like. I'm even going to make an effort to Stat the guy up tomorrow (for Fallout PnP).

So yeah, Robots.

But wait, that's not all!

I also got two 'Robbietrons' painted up. These are god awful miniatures from Black Cat Bases, that I love dearly. I mean, really, the sculpting is really truly dreadful, especially the total lack of strait lines, the finger prints, random divots &c, but for some reason I find them incredibly charming. I think I have 4 more somewhere waiting for a lick of paint. I'll do them as something other than this 'military' paint scheme.

Use1_zpsba09dee2

Anyway, I'm off to bed, enjoy my shiny green and chrome robots.

Nite, MM.

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'Robbietrons', so delightful and charming, great job on the painting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, I always did think those AE US robots fit in with Fallout perfectly

    ReplyDelete