Sunday 3 February 2013

Cutting Plasticard

Hey Internet,

For years, I have hated working with plasticard. I do a fair bit of scratch-building, but have always had to use balsa and other materials as I have always found plasticard damned near impossible to work with, in particular, cutting the damned stuff. For years I've hacked away at it with kitchen scissors, making any kind of precision work or clean result all but impossible.

But today, I stumbled upon this;


Needless to say, a minor revolution. I've been score-snapping acrylic for years - why the hell didn't I think to do it for humble plasticard?

Anyway, I feel like a fool for my years of ignorant plastic butchery, but am happy to have learned a new skill. I've already put it to good use, but that is a story for another post.

MM.

No comments:

Post a Comment