Saturday 19 October 2013

Colonel Deathclaw

Hey Internet,

Today we've got a figure that I've been looking forward to getting finished for quite a while.

For a long time I've been meaning to add some officers and characters to my 'Government' Post-Apocalyptic forces, and now that I'm heading into the dark world of miniature role playing I've actually got round to it.

 photo DSCF2596_zps8c5c10c2.jpg

Although I've not worked out the details of him yet, this character is inspired heavily by the final boss in Fallout 2, Frank Horrigan - a soldier infected by a modified strain of the FEV virus, turning him into green skinned super solider.

When I've got a proper 'character write-up' done, I'll be sure to blog it up.


 photo DSCF2598_zps2b3e76cd.jpg


The model itself by Urban Mammoth, a character for the Viridian faction called Major Icharus Trask. Its a very nice figure, well cast with lots of nice little details, but it was a little pricey at £7. 


 photo DSCF2610_zpsa0870f20.jpg

Painting him up was rather fun. The armour was mostly drybrushing and ink-washes, leaving me with plenty of time to go to town on the skin tones and 'holo-swords'.  With the swords in particular I got to have a go at some nice wet-blending, which I havent done in ages. 

I'm really happy with how the fig came out with in the end, even if it looks a little dodgy in the photographs - I really need to get my lighting sorted out!

What'ta'ya think?

Mr. Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment