Tuesday 17 December 2013

2 Jarls - Mithril Miniatures Aragorn and Boromir

Hey all.

I've made a little more progress with my Norse Warhost for 'Of Gods and Mortals'. I've taken a few snaps and popped them up on here for you lot to ogle.

Both are old Lord of the Rings figures made by Mithril Miniatures. Mithril figures have very, very soft surface detail, making them rather challenging and time consuming to paint. In particular I had trouble with the belts and faces. Both are more 'suggested' on the model than 'sculpted on'.


Mithril Miniatures Aragorn

 photo DSCF2915_zps6d98c627.jpg

 photo DSCF2919_zps9fceea07.jpg


Mithril Miniatures Boromir

 photo DSCF2909_zps6b186040.jpg

As you can see, I couldn't get Boromir's face to work. The thing is basically a flat surface with only the vaguest contours of the facial features sculpted on. No matter how much time I spent on him I was never going to get a convincing looking right eye - so I just covered it up with a big knarly scar. 

 photo DSCF2911_zps0a466f53.jpg

 photo DSCF2910_zps11f32b02.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment