Sunday 8 June 2014

LAF: Colonial Painting Expedition [1]

Hey All,

I thought I'd join in with the Lead Adventure Forum's 'Colonial Painting Expedition'.

Simple concept - paint up and post a photograph of any solo colonial figure.

Anyway, I entered this guy;

 photo IMG_4204_zpsc288dc6a.jpg
Perry Miniatures Zouave.

Inspired by the Painting Expedition I thrashed out a few more generic Central Asian types this week;

 photo IMG_4201_zps063169ac.jpg
 This motley group are a mix of Old Glory Egyptians and Perry Miniatures Zouaves. Paper banner by the Grimsby Wargames Society

During my last 'episode' of colonial wargaming I painted up a small force of 1870s Russians, with the intention to expand the collection so that I could put on games based around the Russian colonial expansion into central Asia, and 'what if' scenarios based around The Great Game in India. The 'Arab' contingent of this project never got started, but now their time has come....

MM.

The Lead Tally - 2014

Acquired: +38       Painted: +21          Total: -20

No comments:

Post a Comment